So, how do you give your pet a bath? With regular soap? No! There are specially formulated shampoos available in the market (generally, alike for dogs and cats), which you purchase. A much better option is to make dry shampoo for your pets on your own.
If you have seen your dog or cat get irritated because of dry and itchy skin, and don't want to see them scratching their bodies all the time, it's high time you prepare a colloidal oatmeal shampoo―the most beneficial and effective amongst all. We do know that oats are meant to be extremely healthy when consumed, but their benefits go well beyond that.
- One cup grounded oats (colloidal oat powder)
- One cup baking soda
- One quart warm water
- Organic soup formula (2 - 3 drops)
To prepare colloidal oatmeal, grind oats to fine powder in a blender. Add warm water and baking soda to it, and mix well. You can add few drops of organic soap formula to it, to create lather. Make sure that it is fragrance free, or else your pet might get irritated with the smell.
Colloidal oatmeal bath for dogs or cats is no different from a bath with normal oats; the only difference being that it is in powdered form. Now, to use it as a shampoo, it needs to be of that consistency which is generally achieved by adding warm water. Baking soda is added more often to enhance the cleaning effect.
How to Use it?
- Use warm water to wash your pet thoroughly.
- Take the required amount of shampoo and start applying on its entire body, except for eyes.
- Rinse the shampoo over its body until sufficient lather is created. That will take about 10 minutes.
- Again use warm water to wash away the shampoo. Use sufficient water so that the entire shampoo is removed from its body.
- Don't let your pet out until the body is totally dry.
You don't have to worry while using this shampoo, as it has no harmful side effects. Colloidal oatmeal shampoos are better off than the other commercial ones available in the market, which are made up of artificial chemicals that can ruin the fur of your pet. Also, oatmeal variants have natural healing properties and they make the fur shiny and soft.